- To be eligible for Italian higher education system you have to have a secondary school qualification released after a minimum of 12 years of schooling (overall) that allows entry to comparable academic programme in the foreign state of origin;
- In the case where a special Academic Competence Exam (a national test or a final exam) is required for entry to higher education in the foreign country of origin (Selectividad in Spain, Prova de Aferiçao or Prova Geral de Acesso ao Ensino Superior in Portugal, Vestibular or Exame Nacional do Ensino Médio in Brazil, Gao Kao in China etc.) such a requirament is also mandatory for entry in the Italian higher education system;
- All applicants must be fluent in the English language with a minimum of B1-B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Have a minimum of a 3-year-Undergraduate/Bachelor’s Degree Diploma in a relevant study field released by an official institution of foreign higher education system;
- All applicants must be fluent in the English language with a minimum of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Admission Procedures(*) for
Undergraduate and Graduate programmes (Pre-enrolment)
- To learn more about LCU degree programmes of your interest you may visit our website and/or consult with our Admissions Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) which support students in choosing the most suitable study programme according to their academic background and aspiration;
- Read carefully the basic Admission Requirements for our Undergraduate or Graduate School;
- Check the list of the Required Documents necessary to complete the pre-application;
- Fill out our Pre-application Form attaching all the relevant documents;
- Should you encounter any difficulties our Admissions Team (email@example.com) is always available to assist you;
- Schedule an interview and an placement test via Skype with our Admissions Team to get evaluated in terms of personal motivation, general culture and/or level of knowledge in the subjects connected to the programme of interest, as well as of the English language; for those students who are participating in the LCU Scholarship program, this evaluation will determine whether the bursary is awarded or not.
- Issuance of the Scholarship proposal letter (if applicable);
- After completing the above mentioned steps our Admission Team will inform you on the outcome of the pre-evaluation procedure and send you the Pre-registration Contract;
- The signing of the Pre-registration contract shall be followed by the payment of the non reimbursable pre-registration fee;
- Upon receipt of the pre-registration fee the University will issue a Pre-acceptance Letter;
- The student shall then pre-apply to the Italian diplomatic representative in the country where the final education qualification was attained to issue a Declaration of Value; alternatively students residing in Italy can contact CIMEA to produce the Statement of comparability (if applicable);
- The next step will be to apply for the Italian student visa (if applicable);
- Check the tuition fee payment structure;
- Request the Italian Tax Code (Codice Fiscale) either at the Italian diplomatic representative in the country of residence or at the Agenzia delle Entrate in Rome (read more);
- Once all the required documents are collected, our Admissions Team will help you to complete your enrolment.
(*) Please note that the admission procedures for non-EU applicants residing outside Italy are subject to the directives of the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, including the requirements and deadlines established for the pre-enrolment at the Italian diplomatic representatives abroad and the request for the visa.
The Italian Higher Education System:
The Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research:
Recognition of qualifications: