Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements: MA Degree
Duration: One year master
Starting Date: March 2015
Classes Schedule: Every other weekend with the exception that some weeks will be full-time.
Italy has the largest number of cultural sites recognized by UNESCO. This heritage is very important in order to revaluate the cultural and financial aspect of the country. In order to manage effectively this heritage, are needed managers capable of revaluating such assets and trained with higher professional skills. The Cultural Heritage Management Master Program’s goal is to educate such professional figure to answer the country’s cultural and financial needs. To satisfy such request, the program trains its students to be productive and competent in the financial-economic, linguistic, technologic, communication and marketing fields. When the student will have completed the program, he/she will have the skills that are required to become a senior manager in a company that belongs to the Cultural Heritage Field. In addition, the skills acquired through the program will allow the student to enter this field as consultant in the Public Administration (Cultural Assets Ministry, Regional Executive Offices, Superintendence Office, Regions and City Halls), or as organizers of art and history expos, or, finally, a marketing and communication director in the Cultural Assets’ field.
- Overall view: actors. Entities, cultural heritage’s institutions, organizational and managerial aspects.
Unit 1- MUSEUMS: Organization and Management
- The museum: the history, the present and future scenery
- Planning, organizing and realizing expos and temporary events-Public characters uncharged to manage museums’ Institutions, roles and abilities.
- Museum’s directory research and collection’s management
- Structures, staging and security
- Administration, finance and human resources-journey into contemporary art.
- From post-war period to present day-Relationships between Italy and foreign countries.
- A museum’s image: Marketing and Communication
- Financial instruments for to safeguard and valorize the cultural heritage
- Guided and educational visits- Museology and Museography
- The technology and web are used to improve Museums: audio-guides.
- E-commerce and websites
- Welcoming, ticketing, reservations and pre-sale
- Private characters run museums- the so called “added services”
- The museum ‘s shop: publishing and merchandising
- Take over the museum’s management (project work)-
- Using museums to hold private events
- The museum’s conduct: comparing Italy’s style with other countries’ style
- The hidden treasures
- The norms of reference: public institutions and private characters; criminal law.
Unit 2- RESTORE AND DIAGNOSTIC
- Restore and Diagnostic between the person and new technologies
- Diagnostic and Restore Case study
Unit 3- The Art’s Market
- The art of investment
- Main Actors: the galleries and the auction houses
- The Art Advisory
- The safety vault and other services for the art’s market. Art work’s sale
- The collectible
- Private law and art.
Unit 4- Specialization
- The Master program is articulated by two different majors. The two majors make reference to different managerial areas and their professional figures such as:
- Expo’s Organization: Creating and planning an expo
- Taking care of the expo: Organizing, handling and coordinating an expo-conducting the loans-Transportation, insurances and staging
- The expo’s coordinated image, communication and marketing.
- Expo’s communication and promotion project (project work)
- The expo’s catalogue
- International expos
- Fundraising and Sponsorship.
- Event/Show’s Organization: Conception and projecting of a theatre show
- Production: the casting and the professional involved are: directors, actors, dancers, choreographers, Scenic design, etc..
- Transposition from literary works, adjustments and new works- Costumes, equipments, scenic design, rights’ acquisition, the SIAE, ENPALS
- A show’s production (project work)
- Marketing and Communication
- The staging- fund raising and sponsorships
At the end of the specializing unit, a project work must handed in, that will be considered as the final exam for unit 4. Such project work will be part of the Master’s final discussion. Unit 5
- Orientation’s Module
- Career development in the Master’s course
Following the class lectures, there will be an in-depth analysis through guided visits to the most important roman museums offered the industry’s VIPs. In addition, there will be convections about current events. Exams and Evaluations
- Part A- Unit1, Unit2 and Unit 3’s exams. The student will be examined in every unit that is included in the Master’s program, for the exception of Unit 0 and Unit 5.
- Part B- As for the final dissertation, the date will be decided by the office of competence.
During the last part of the program, it will be given the possibility to do an internship in one of the most important partner companies.