Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements: MA Degree
Duration: One year master
Starting Date: March 2015
Schedule: every other weekend / full-time weeks
The on-going technological evolution is changing radically the intelligence’s world. The incoming of cyberspace, of the high speed communication and financial flow, of the hyper connectivity, the digitalization process and the large memory capacity changed the acquisition, the selection and the evaluation of the information. These changes renewed the analyst’s and intelligence ‘s operator figures.
Keeping in mind the social and technological changes, the Master program’s mission is to renew the operator’s professional figures giving them the tools to better operate the new technologies. Moreover, it will implement all the instruments needed in a digitalization process. Finally, it will add a human and organizational touch to the entire intelligence cycle.
The program is divided as follows:
- 360 hrs of lecture
- 40 hrs of School Analysis
- Meetings with main characters from the institutional world, international conference and workshops
- Every single module foresees in class lectures, case studies, presentations, group work’s simulations and projects.
At the end of every module an exam is schedule to evaluate the acquired skills.
Unit 0- Basic Learning
The Unit 0 has the purpose to give an introduction to the basic concepts and to the terminology’s directory. The attendants need these two criteria in order to understand the various themes that are present in the following Units:
- Terminology’s directory and epistemological glossary
- Introduction to the intelligence’s concept
- Security and intelligence’s culture and practice
Unit 1- Critical Thinking and analysis’ methodology
The Unit 1 is designed to paint a complete picture of the intelligence’s and security’s world. Therefore, it analyses the different themes and the difference between them. For example, the differences between institutional and private, intelligence and counter intelligence, open sources’ analysis, misinformation and strategic deceit with reference to the new media:
- Institutional and private Intelligence and counter intelligence
- Espionage and counter intelligence
- Focus on open sources: analysis
- Investigative Journalism’s techniques
- Strategic Analysis
- Misinformation and strategic deceit
- Mass Media and influence’s process’ analysis
- Elint, SIGINT and detection satellite and airborne systems (multispectral and optical)
Unit 2- New Analysis’ Methodologies
The Unit 2 combines the modern technologies’ applications with the need of security by integrating the new analysis’ and forecast’s methodologies: neural nets, genetic algorithms, data mining, text mining, complexity theory and divergent thinking. This Unit characterizes this Master from other intelligence and security courses. Moreover, it’s recognized as an excellent program among all of the similar postgraduate Master programs.
- Neural nets and genetic algorithms
- Methodologies based on complexity theories and applications
- Social Network’s Analysis
- Data mining and text mining
- Divergent thinking and intelligence
- Cyber security
- Cyber-Terrorism, cyber warfare and info-war
- Big data and privacy
Unit 3- POLICY MAKING AND SECURITY’S INTELLIGENCE
The Unit 3- has the duty to see in depth relative aspects of the security and intelligence’s world which are fundamental for the operators. This part of the Master program will focus on the following issues: Italian national interests, critical infrastructures’ security, crises management’s system management, non conventional threats (drugs, ecomafia, illegal weapon transit)
- Italian’s national interest of the international system
- Critical infrastructure’s security
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics
- Non conventional challenge of the security in contemporary world: drug, ecomafia, illegal weapon transit, prostitution exploitation, human beings’ trade
- Non conventional Terrorism and confictuality
- Intelligence Services within an international context
- Transnational Criminal organization
At the end of the program, in order for the title to be released, is foreseen a presentation with discussion of a thesis that will cover all the material learned in the courses.