Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements: MA degree
Typology : second level master
Duration: one year
Starts: March 2017
Language: English /Italian
This Master Course aims to train specialized professionals able to operate in traditional and renewable energy sector with a high managerial skills. The same profile will be able to operate in Public Administration, in programming and control positions, and in public utilities by integrating the knowledge of the sector and by assessing the environmental impact of services and technologies. A focus on the importance of the energy sector in defining the policies of economic development and the preservation and enhancement of the environment and how to make of it an area of professional interest. Due to the complexity of the typical problems of the sector, in addition to the legislative changes and the use of new technologies for energy and their impact, it is very important the presence of a managerial staff capable to understand, coordinate and optimize the management work and activities in the territories.
The Master in Joint Energy and Environment Management in Italy and the Mediterranean Area gives a special attention to cooperation and partnership development in the environmental and energy markets with North Africa and the neighbor orient.
The objectives of this Master Course is to develop a self-employment path through the study of:
- The energy and environment sector in Italy and the Mediterranean : technological, economic and legal aspects.
- Characteristics of public service enterprises management; the public-private relationship, the liberalization process; common property and management efficiency, the management system and the internal managerial structure.
- Pricing regulation in a structural context.
- Corporate governance of energy and related environmental services.
- Infrastructure network construction and plants (hints on the design); safety aspects, environmental impact, optimizing.
- The company’s business management of conventional energy and renewable and non-renewable energy sector and wastes.
- Management of users’ relationship: from ‘”engineering consent ” to demand monitoring.
- International agreements, norms, European and National legislation – regulation commitments.
- Quality system’s Management.
The hours of the various activities are structured as follows:
- 400 hours are dedicated to lectures;
- 160 hours are dedicated to seminars and workshop;
- 40 hours are dedicated to orientation module.
The programme is composed of:
- 8 Units
- Laboratories/ workshop/ seminars
- Orientation module
- Work project
- Internship/ training
Unit -1 Introductory lines to theoretical homogenization– Management of energy and energetic technology
- Introduction to energy problems and energy cycle
- Conventional natural resources : oil, natural gas and coal.
- Renewable resources
- Energy efficiency
- Conversion and transformation systems
- Power plants and electricity networks
- Natural gas transportation
Unit-2 Legal and framework and regulation of the sector
- Introduction to the environment law at International, European and National level
- National and international regulations of the energy sector
- Planning guidelines
Unit-3Management of the energy sector boundaries
- Market Network
- Regulation and Policies
- Policies, finance and contracts
- Pricing regulation, economic analyzes, and projects authorization
Unit 4 Corporate Management and Trading
- Micro and Macro Economy Elements
- Principles of Company’s Economy
- Business Management
- Management and Trading
Unit -5 Environmental Management
- Energy Activities and environmental protection
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environmental Assessment of Energy Projects
- Security and Environmental Protection
Unit- 6 Integrated cycle of waste and energy system in Italy and the Mediterranean
- General principles
- Connection with energy recovery
- Administrative and regulatory aspects
Unit -7 Management of Changes
- Unsustainability Factors
- Causes of changes in the energy sector and technological solutions
- New policies made to market regulations
- Security, Energy and Conflicts
Unit-8 Environmental Management System
- Certification System
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)