Email : email@example.com
Requirements: Master of Art Degree or equivalent
Duration: One year
Starts: March 2017
Management is a key factor in efficiency and success. The contemporary market is characterized by increasingly high rates of change and an ever strong global competition. It is the managerial skill which marks the border between the companies able to face and overcome the challenges of globalization and those destined to decline. In fact, the common market problems and its challenges touches more particularly SMEs. For example, family businesses, that are characterized by limited organization and management resources and are more vulnerable due to inadequate decisions and incorrect management.
The “Master in Business Administration- Applied Economic Science” is entirely taught in English since its first edition was offered by the Link Campus University when it was a branch of the University of Malta. The new edition was run by Link Campus University, after becoming an independent Italian University. The Course was intended to confirm the educational path, the interdisciplinary approach and the practical-operative approach. Enriching, at the same time, the model through the expansion of partners ,subject skills and scientific references who deal with the programme. This is proved by the diversified profiles of teachers as well as of the Scientific Committee members who ensure the concrete fulfillment of this formative vision.
The study programme focuses mainly on the manufacturing made up of small and medium-sized enterprises that are the interlocutors. With them, the Link Campus University has started and consolidated relations in the recent years. The Master’s Programme has undergone, over the years , through numerous revisions, to adapt to the changing economic environment at national and global level.
The aim of this Master Course at a cultural and methodological level is to train people to be able to:
- manage complexity with a scientific approach;
- be flexible and willing to change to cope with business growth;
- professionalize the organization of infrastructure;
- work on growth planning;
- to plan adequately the generation transition to avoid creating vulnerable enterprises;
- to be always open to change and innovation.
The study path examines the factors that can affect, positively or negatively, the evolution of the company’s business by providing the tools to build more successful business models and lead its realization. It examines as well the way in which a company organizes and manages business and human resources which plays a significant role in determining the conditions of the failure or success of an enterprise mainly small and medium ones.
The Master has the duration of one year and involves a total commitment of 1500 hours and 60 Credits.
The hours of the various activities are structured as follows:
- 440 hours dedicated to face to face lectures;
- 120 hours dedicated to seminars and workshops;
- 40 hours for guidance module.
Courses are held in alternating weekends.
The MBA programme is divided to:
- 6 Units
- Guidance module
- Project work
Unit 0: Basic knowledge (50 hours)
- Introduction to Economics
- Accounting (basics and standard definitions)
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Legal Affairs
Unit 1: Management Tools (100 hours)
- Strategic Management
- ICTs for Management
- Corporate Finance
- Project Management
- Innovation and Strategic Intelligence Tools
Unit 2: Corporate Planning (100 hours)
- Strategy design
- Business Security
- Business Communication
Unit 3: Business Functions (100 hours)
- Planning and Control
- Organisations and HR Management
Unit 4 : Value-Oriented Management (60 hours)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Negotiation and Decision Making
- Legal Affairs
- Global Geopolitical Landscape
Upon the completion of the first part of the programme, participants are asked to choose between two specialization that the Master offers .They are two different areas of employment sector:
Unit 5: Specializations (30 hours each)
- Innovative Entrepreneurship
- Start-up creation and funding
- IP Law
- Financial Regulations
- Financial Products and Distribution
- Financial Intermediarie
Lab/Workshops/Seminars (120 hours)
In addition to the lectures and the guidance module, there are provided supplementary activities of the training course, characterized by the use of highly innovative methods and tools.
- Lab “Design thinking for innovation in business strategies”: the laboratory provides the master students a variety of design methodologies and tools used for the treatment of complex problems and the development of innovative business.
- The seminars include the participation of reference characters belonging to the professional world.
- During specialization course, each student needs to develop a project work assisted by a teacher
Guidance module (40 hours)
- The guidance module’s topic is “Career Development” and foresees the discussion of the following themes:
- Part I – The youth labor market
- Part II – Strategic approach to job seeking